This month’s goodies included:
- Jesse’s Girl Cosmetics Eyeshadow Primer– This is the kind of product that, as a newbie to makeup, I felt is superfluous. And since I hardly ever wear eyeshadow to begin with, I really felt I was likely to not use this primer much. But when I gave it a try, I was pretty near convinced that it actually had some admirable usefulness. It really made my shadow stick, as well as made the color pop more than it would on my eye without the primer. I just might start using eyeshadow more often. (4/5)
- Doucce Ultra Precision Eyeliner in black– I had another product courtesy of my June Glam Bag to compare this one to as well. I have been using Aurora’s Eyeliner Pen ever since I received it and plan to purchase it once I run out. This Doucce eyeliner doesn’t suck, but it simply doesn’t do all that Aurora’s product does for me. For one, I no longer care for the texture of the pencil-type eyeliner anymore. I love the smoothness and boldness of the eyeliner pen, so although I’ll probably use up the Doucce eyeliner, I won’t be seeking it out. (3/5)
- Marc Anthony Nourishing Argan Oil of Morocco Oil Treatment– I’m always happy to receive anything that claims to make my hair smoother, shinier, stronger, etc. I had been thinking of trying out an argan oil, and I’m glad Ipsy gave me the opportunity! I love the smell of this oil, I love how I have to use very little of the product (although more than the 1-3 drops that they recommend, due to my rather long, thick hair), and I liked the result of using this product. Once I run out of the sample I will probably run out to buy it! (5/5)
- Hikari Cosmetics Lip Gloss in Merlot-This was the first product I tried out, thinking I wouldn’t like it just as I didn’t care much for the J.Cat Beauty Liptitude Hydrating Lip Stain in June’s Glam Bag. I was pleasantly surprised, and I like this way better than J.Cat’s Lip Stain! The color once again is a bit bolder than I’m used to, but I can get used to this one. The application is relatively mess-free and doesn’t spread around as badly as the lip stain. It also seems to not fade away for some time. I might actually keep using this one. (4/5)
- Aila Cosmetics Luxury Nail Lacquer in Mister Pookies– Despite potential snickering that might ensue simply from the name of the color of this product, it’s a great product nonetheless. I don’t already own a polish in this sort of smoky black, so that’s a plus, and the application is wonderfully smooth and dries quickly. The big test will come tomorrow when I go to wash dishes at work—let’s see how long it lasts. (5/5)
With this third Glam Bag, I am surely glad I decided to subscribe! I’ve been able to dabble in types of makeup I never would have given a chance, and I’m having lots of fun!