Before I knew it, my second Ipsy Glam Bag was on its way! When I got my sneak peek at what I’d be receiving, I was most excited about the Tarte Bronzer- I had been hearing all about contouring and blah blah blah, so I was looking forward to having a product to give it a try. I even went out and bought a brush for blending in anticipation of the arrival of my bag. Here’s my review of July’s Glam Bag!
- Nicka K New York HQ Quad Eyeshadow (Plumas)– Eyeshadow is one of those makeup products that I feel is an almost surefire way to make me look like a clown. I understand, however, that it’s likely due to my inexperience in applying it, so I’m certainly down to give it more practice. I was happy to receive a set of eyeshadow that takes the guesswork out of figuring out how to pair colors. I probably won’t use the green color much honestly, but I’m liking the other three for a bit of metallic shimmer. Since I’m a glasses-wearer, I can easily get away with a slightly heavier application, and the colors blend nicely and aren’t too powdery. (4/5)
- pūr~lisse pūr~delicate gentle soy milk cleanser & makeup remover– Used this as my cleanser one morning and liked how soft it made my skin feel. I’ll give it the ultimate test tonight when I go to wash off all the makeup I tried today from my Glam Bag. Expect an update on its cleansing abilities! This cleanser definitely got me thinking that I want to break away from products designated for clearing acne, but even if I like this cleanser I’m not sure I can handle the price ><. (3/5)
- Coolway Beachy Salt Spray– I suppose you could say I’m already one of the “lucky” ones that already has considerable body and texture to my hair, so I wasn’t really bent on trying this product, but I had to try it all the same. As I first started spraying it, I wasn’t too keen on the scent, which really isn’t all that strong fortunately and doesn’t stick around. It certainly acts just like sea air and initially made my hair feel sticky, but that too went away, and my hair was left simply pretty much as it was before. I suppose it’s a bit shinier, and has body without much frizz, but since my hair seems to change day-to-day as it is, I can’t really pin it directly to this product. In other words, I wasn’t wowed, but I didn’t really expect much from this anyway. (3/5)
- Be a…Bombshell Lip Balm (Ruby)– What is the ellipses for anyway? Is there something clever going on with this company’s name that I’m not getting? Anyway, this lip balm is pretty standard. I was worried that the Ruby color would be too vibrant, but I found it just enhances my natural lip color which is good^^. There’s nothing really wowing about it to cause me to switch from Eos lip balm though. (4/5)
- tarte deluxe Amazonian clay waterproof bronzer– This product I was most looking forward to! It didn’t disappoint. I will need some more practice to work out the kinks of application since I’ve perhaps been applying to lightly for fear of overdoing it. So far, I’ve been pretty happy to find that once it’s blended in, it doesn’t make me look dirty or anything, but I can see the difference it makes in bringing out dimensions that aren’t already present on my round face. The only exception seems to be on my forehead, where it seems to sink into my pores and enhance them a bit unpleasantly, but I’ll definitely keep using and experimenting! (4/5)
Another happy experience from my Ipsy Glam Bag! My original intention of being able to try things I wouldn’t otherwise be willing to spend the money on has been verily satisfied.