I finally received my first Ipsy Glam Bag and I was super excited! Of course, I had already seen what I’d be receiving which took away the element of surprise, but I was still looking forward to giving everything a try all the same. A disclaimer: I’m a makeup newbie, so I’m by no means an expert in terminology or methods in the art of makeup.
- Altchek MD Depuff Eye Pads– The first product I tried. I’m prone to dark bags under my eyes, and the skin in that area could use some refreshing. I wasn’t a fan of how they felt on my face, but the next morning my skin definitely felt softer and the pores in the eye area were considerably smaller. The darkness and creases didn’t disappear, but it was only one use anyway. If I ever feel like splurging on such a product, this may be my go-to. (4/5)
- J.Cat Beauty Liptitude Hydrating Lip Stain– I tend to avoid color on my lips because it makes me feel clownish, and despite a middle school obsession with lip gloss, it’s no longer really my favorite. The color of this product is also more vibrant than what I’m used to, so I’m not sure I’ll be using it much. (Meh outta bleh)
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer– I’ve never used a primer before, so the texture of this definitely baffled me. It makes my skin feel very smooth, and I feel neither dry nor greasy. My pores don’t disappear or anything, but I’d say they’re minimized. This product is pretty expensive, so I might start exploring other primers before I purchase this one any time soon. (4/5)
- Aurora Intensive Eyeliner Pen (Blackberry)– The only makeup that I’m sure to wear every day is eyeliner, so I was most excited to give this a try. I’ve never used this kind of applier before and I was sure I’d fudge it up with my jittery hand, but it went on extremely smooth. It’s also a huge plus that it’s smudge-free because I definitely have a problem with my pencil eyeliner fading away and finding its way into the creases under my eyes by the end of the day. The price isn’t too bad either, so I might give a brown one a try in the future. (10 outta 10!)
- tre’Stique Mini Shadow Crayon (Morimoto Pink)– I wish I had received a different color, because this pink matches perfectly with my skin tone, so other than a slight shimmer, there’s no way of knowing I’m wearing this product. I like the application though, especially as someone who pretty much never wears eye shadow. With as expensive as this product is however, I don’t think I’ll be making a purchase any time soon. (3/5)
All in all, I’m super pleased with my first Glam Bag! More than anything, I’m getting to explore new products and new application methods that I’d never try otherwise. I’m looking forward to next month’s bag!